Thursday 5 January 2012

First Post!

A blog! Wowee, this is all new to me.  I have to say that having followed some excellent and inspiring wargaming blogs for a little while now, I just felt compelled to start my own.  I hope, consciously or subconsciously, that it will help to inspire me to keep on painting....and playing, that all too rare thing which is the ultimate target for so many of my figures and is something that many of them have not taken part in yet!  Maybe feedback will inspire me to finish more projects and post pics up for more feedback, thus keeping the magic ball rolling.

Now all I need are some blog followers and some pics up!  Hopefully I'll look back on this mighty commencement as the start of something good.  Right now I'm just fathoming out what all the tabs etc do!

I should say a bit about my interests.  I play most periods of history and my intention is always to build 'playable' armies in all the areas I like.  My enthusiasm for new different periods of history goes in circles, and when that strikes well I just have to get the brushes out and get on with the troops for that period.  I managed to spend 2 years painting War of the Roses figures, but normally I seem to go in 3 or 4 month rotations.  However currently I have been so inspired by playing 'Hail Caesar' games (3 playtest games and one with an opponent) that I have started a project to re-paint, re-base and build on my Imperial Roman and Ancient British Armies.  I desire nothing more each evening other than to get home from work and get painting (and not fall asleep early!).

No comments:

Post a Comment