Tuesday 12 February 2019

Norman Infantry Command 28mm - Battle of Hastings


Most of my Norman command stands are mounted. This one is the exception so far.  I thought it would be fun to have one commander ready to lead and stand with his men on foot.


The figures are from Gripping Beast and were again, very enjoyable and quite quick to paint up.


The standard is from 'Flags of War' and I selected this one just because it was large and colourful.


The shield transfers are from 'Little Big Men Studios' if I recall correctly.


This takes care of my immediate need for commanders for my Normans. I have built and undercoated lots more foot figures ready to take to the next stage, however, my interest is now firmly onto another two periods of history (two just to make it harder to paint everything quickly!).



So there will be a delay before I get onto to painting more Normans. It only took me 24 years to paint up commanders for my Normans, so I'm sure the new infantry don't mind a little wait! This is another reason why I'm moving into smaller scales...I actually want to have playable ranges...but I'll keep my existing 28mm figs and just add to them slowly.  I do enjoy painting the detail.  Anyway - there will be something different in my next post to follow soon.

16 comments:

  1. They look superb and motivated, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, Thank you, I am glad you like them! Hopefully they will encourage their men to go on up Senlac Hill!

      Delete
  2. Great Norman infantry command!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyrus, I have somehow jumped 800 years of history ahead now and its all clouds of gunsmoke instead of arrows on my painting table!

      Delete
  3. Lovely command base, even if it took a decade or two! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it was worth the wait! :-D I'm glad you like them Peter, I shall have to get them out to play a game now to inspire me to paint the remainder of the men!

      Delete
  4. Lovely work, and those LBMS shield transfers came up really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, I don't know what I would do without those amazing shield transfers!

      Delete
  5. Great looking command stand and it only took 24years! I started my landsknechts in about 1979 I'll finish them when?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iain, Ha ha! Yes wargaming is not something for short term planning people. I think if I started a 28mm Thirty Years War army then it might take me thirty years to get a couple of brigades done! As for hundred years wars armies....well! :-D Best wishes,
      Jason

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you L'Empereur. I'm glad you like them :-)

      Delete
  7. Great looking command group, Jason. Love the nasal helms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dean, Thanks for your kind comments. I agree, the nasal helm is iconic and just makes troops look like they mean business!

    ReplyDelete